Course ID – GKA-003
- The IT professional with 10+ years’ of experience who is moving up in their career.
- Senior level IT executives/consultants that require important management & leadership skills.
- The business (non-IT) professional looking to understand how to leverage their IT investment.
The role, use, provisioning, and expectations for IT are going through profound changes across the globe. The enterprise is demanding higher velocity and more agile access to IT capabilities. Many business executives are dismayed that they have better technology at home than they get in their company. IT is increasingly providing direct support to the enterprise’s products and services. Stakeholders expect immediate seamless access to information and analytics in their increasingly mobile work environments. IT leadership requires a refresh of approaches, thinking and management practices to meet these new challenges. IT and business must co-adapt together. IT must understand the business, and the business must understand IT.
After successful completion of this program, candidates will also receive ICCP Certification!!!
Course ID – GKA-003
(All courses are available face-to-face, online, blended/hybrid)
1. Managing IT Resources
- Enhancing IT-business alignment
- Strategic, Tactical, and Operational IT governance practices
- Improving IT’s key business processes
- IT organizational structure alternatives
- Demonstrating the value of IT
- Evolving role of the CIO
- Trends in sourcing/outsourcing
- Sustaining systems integration
- Managing emerging technologies and change
- Human resource and skills considerations
2. Strategic Issues in IT
This course addresses the strategic responsibilities and roles of the CIO. It focuses on devising an enterprise strategy for gaining and sustaining competitive advantage through the use of Information Technology and the development and implementation of policies and strategies to achieve organizational goals. The effective definition and use of information systems that enrich the strategic, operational and administrative needs throughout the organization will also be addressed. Approaches to managing the information systems function in organizations and ensuring that information systems strategies and business strategies are integrated will be the focus of the course.
- The strategic role of information technology in a business enterprise
- The elements of a strategy formulation process
- Distinguishing among business/IT strategy frameworks and methods
- Selecting appropriate frameworks and methods
- Applying frameworks and methods to improve analysis in creating a business strategy enabled or driven by IT
- Applying the elements of a strategy formulation process to organizations and industries to create an aligned IT-business strategy for competitive advantage
- Distinguishing between:
- short-term strategies that satisfy immediate business requirements
- longer-term strategies that may provide significant competitive advantage
- Distinguishing between strategic and operational goals
- Creating and evaluating alternative IT strategies and tactics available to management to achieve strategic goals.
- How the CIO functions as a member of the top business management team
3. Managing Emerging Information Technology
4. IT Leadership
Leadership is a critical success factor for any endeavor. Leadership sets the direction and vision that gives hope and energy for the success of the enterprise. Authentic Business-IT leadership requires each individual to be able to conceive and communicate a vision, have contextual awareness, to be self-aware, to demonstrate their character, capabilities and style as well as to maintain credibility by obtaining buy-in, managing expectations, ensuring outcomes and constantly communicating to a variety of stakeholders.
- Business-IT Leadership Challenges: Being able to recognize and understand how Business-IT leadership differs from generic leadership.
- Situational Awareness: Business-IT leadership is extremely dependent on the situation being encountered. Being able to assess the situation and make the proper adjustment to leadership style and approach are crucial to success.
- Unique Business-IT Leadership Capabilities: Being able to select and apply a unique set of leadership styles, models, frameworks and approaches that are best suited to the variety of situations the Business-IT leader will face.
IT-Business Alignment Management Game
Leveraging IT Financial & Human Resources
(optional & synchronous only)
Become Part of Global Knowledge Alliance to Further Your Career.